Jesus's anointing
David Dalton
2013-03-04 01:59:23 UTC
Now both Christ and Messiah mean anointed one, so when
was Jesus anointed?

I say that he was anointed not by any man but by the
Holy Spirit in his baptism.

Note in Matthew 3:16 it says "And when Jesus was baptized,
He went up immediately from the water, and behold, the
heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending
like a dove, and alighting on Him" .

Do you agree with me or can you suggest another time of
Jesus's anointing?
http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/nf.html Newfoundland&Labrador Travel & Music
"Here I go again...back into the flame" (Sarah McLachlan)
j***@satx.rr.com
2013-03-04 05:38:55 UTC
Gnosticism

by Matt Slick

Gnosticism traces its roots back just after the beginning of the
Christian Church. Some researchers state that evidence of its
existence even predates Christianity. Whichever the case, the error
of gnosticism had affected the culture and church of the time and
possibly even a earned a mention in 1 John 4.

The word "gnosticism" comes from the Greek word "gnosis" which means
"knowledge." There were many groups that were Gnostic and it isn't
possible to easily describe the nuances of each variant of Gnostic
doctrines. However, generally speaking, Gnosticism taught that
salvation is achieved through special knowledge (gnosis). This
knowledge usually dealt with the individual's relationship to the
transcendent Being.

A more detailed Gnostic theology is as follows. The unknowable God
was far too pure and perfect to have anything to do with the material
universe which was considered evil. Therefore, God generated lesser
divinities, or emenations. One of these emanations, Wisdom desired to
know the unknowable God. Out of this erring desire the demiurge an
evil god was formed and it was this evil god that created the
universe. He along with archons kept the mortals in bondage in
material matter and tried to prevent the pure spirit souls from
ascending back to god after the death of the physical bodies. Since,
according to the Gnostics, matter is evil, deliverance from material
form was attainable only through special knowledge revealed by special
Gnostic teachers. Christ was the divine redeemer who descended from
the spiritual realm to reveal the knowledge necessary for this
redemption. In conclusion, Gnosticism is dualistic. That is, it
teaches there is a good and evil, spirit and matter, light and dark,
etc. dualism in the universe.

What we know about Gnosticism is gained from the writings of Irenaeus,
Hippolytus, Tertullian, Origen, and some later manuscripts discovered
in the eighteenth century such as the "Codex Askew, Codex Bruce, the
Berlin Gnostic Codes and, most recently, the Nag Hammadi collection."1
Nag Hammadi is a town in Upper Egypt near ancient Chenoboskion and 13
codices discovered were discovered about 1945.

The danger of gnosticism is easily apparent. It denies the
incarnation of God as the Son. In so doing, it denies the true
efficacy of the atonement since, if Jesus is not God, He could not
atone for all of mankind and we would still be lost in our sins.

There is debate whether or not this is a Christian heresy or simply an
independent development. The evidence seems to point to the later.
Nevertheless, the Gnostics laid claim to Jesus as a great teacher of
theirs and as such requires some attention. It is possible that 1
John was written against some of the errors that Gnosticism promoted.

http://carm.org/gnosticism
Sylvia
2013-03-07 18:59:07 UTC
Hi everyone

I guess that we should integrate the shield of Jesus in a rapid manner;
As a drawback, This gospel sample looks interesting:
12 Wherefore I shall be ready always
to put you in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and are
established in the truth which is with you.
3 seeing that his divine power
hath granted unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through
the knowledge of him that called us by his own glory and virtue;
7 and in
your godliness brotherly kindness; and in your brotherly kindness love.
21
For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being
moved by the Holy Spirit.
9 For he that lacketh these things is blind,
seeing only what is near, having forgotten the cleansing from his old sins.

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto
you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses
of his majesty.
that through these ye may become partakers of the divine
nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.
9
For he that lacketh these things is blind, seeing only what is near, having
forgotten the cleansing from his old sins.
21 For no prophecy ever came by
the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.

that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having
escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust.
10 Wherefore,
brethren, give the more diligence to make your calling and election sure:

20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private
interpretation.
5 Yea, and for this very cause adding on your part all
diligence, in your faith supply virtue;
;
Nevertheless, this site seems appropriate http://www.biblegateway.com/ prior to the debate
about God;
As a consequence, everybody should applicate these scriptures
and in your virtue knowledge;

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto
you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses
of his majesty.
21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men
spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.
for if ye do these things,
ye shall never stumble:
[...]

Beyond this, it should be helpful to take into account the understanding of Jesus with
appropriate experience and the relationship with the spirit in an efficient
way and the collaboration with Jesus enlightment before debating about God
and its association with Jesus love;
Moreover, it should be useful to integrate the verity of Jesus efficiently;
would you mind explaining how to elaborate the god verity and the relationship with the jesus foundation?

God bless you
Stan
2013-03-18 15:43:43 UTC
Dear fellows

we could try to take into account the verity of the spirit using appropriate
methodologies;
Also, I think that we could define the foundation of the spirit by the use of
dedicated know-how and the relationship with the christ differently when
considering Jesus;
As a consequence, In the particular case of Jesus and the connection with the spirit
prosperity, somebody shoud try to extend the prosperity of the spirit
differently as well as the concept of the christ efficiently without the
spirit fortress ;
how did you extend the jesus love and the connection with the spirit holly spirit?

:-))