why is kabbalah a science and not a religion
Dennes De Mennes
2011-09-05 18:26:53 UTC
``As Kabbalists research the surrounding reality, they feel certain
sensations, and they systematically record these sensations using
graphs, tables and equations. Then, using these graphs, tables and
equations, they once again perform an experiment, in order to replicate
the research and check whether their previous findings were correct.
This is known as the scientific approach, used in the natural sciences
such as physics, chemistry and biology.''

``All Kabbalistic research, the integral science of Kabbalah, comprises
thousands of books that were written throughout millennia. The books
remain a mystery to someone who does not know that they should be read
through the sixth sense ? which is why Kabbalah has been shrouded in so
many misconceptions. But to a Kabbalist, who knows that he is reading
scientific books that document research of the hidden part of reality,
the books say: this happens for that reason, X is connected to Y, if you
perform this action, you will receive that reaction, and so on.''

http://www.scipolicy.net/kabbalah-uses-scientific-methods-but-it%E2%80%
99s-not-regular-science/

you an remain in any belief system and study kabbalah at the same time
no problem... it does not talk about our world at all. you can be
straight out a nazi, and start studying kabbalah for some reason...

octinomos
every man
2011-09-05 20:04:25 UTC
why is kabbalah a science and not a religion
It isn't.
``As Kabbalists research the surrounding reality, they feel certain
sensations, and they systematically record these sensations using
graphs, tables and equations. Then, using these graphs, tables and
equations, they once again perform an experiment, in order to replicate
the research and check whether their previous findings were correct.
This is known as the scientific approach, used in the natural sciences
such as physics, chemistry and biology.''
The so-called "Scientific Method" isn't science at all. It's based on
assumptions about the nature of reality that have to be taken on
faith.

The Kaballah is no more a "Science" than Scientific Materiaiism is.

In both cases, you ask to see their supposed "proof" demontrated, and
all you get is a bunch of bullshit about all that work having already
been
done by people in a far away place and time that are supposedly
smarter
and more learned than us mere mortals.

If you can't experience a supposed Truth, it is just more hot air.

Experience is the only real teacher.

The Kaballah is just esoteric Judaism, and that religion is as
poisonous and foul as Chrstianity and Islam and Scientific Materialism
and Buddhism.
``All Kabbalistic research, the integral science of Kabbalah,
Now, this fool actually believes that the mere words above prove his
assertion that Kaballah is a Science. So now, like all religious
propagandists,
he is repeating the suggestion in the hopes that someone will believe
it
because an anomyous poster on the Internet said it.

Seriously. He actually thinks he has credibility.

NOTE: These groups are infested with Internet vermin and useless
bookmages with mouths even bigger than their egos. If you
aren't on my list, I won't see your posts. (I only post through
googlegroups, I read from a real newsserver.) Send me a blank
email and I'll send you my real email address eman30890(at)gmail
(dot)com...Put only the alias you use on alt.religion.wicca,
or alt.magick on the subject line. If you don't post on those
groups, put only "Magick" on the Subject line. I will not
be reading your first email. If you make it past this little
filter, I'll put you on my list.

Evergreen
Tom
2011-09-05 23:39:15 UTC
Post by every man
why is kabbalah a science and not a religion
It isn't.
Then again, Sid's idea of what science and religion are is entirely
different from anyone else's. So what seems to be true to him is
likely to be nonsense to anybody else.
Post by every man
The so-called "Scientific Method" isn't science at all.
See?
Post by every man
Experience is the only real teacher.
But if your experience teaches you something other than what Sid
believes, then your experience is wrong. It's only Sid's experience
that is the real teacher.
Post by every man
The Kaballah is just esoteric Judaism, and that religion is as
poisonous and foul as Chrstianity and Islam and Scientific Materialism
and Buddhism.
Not that Sid actually knows anything about Kabbalah. It's just that
it isn't Sid's idea, so it can't possibly be anything but foul poison.